Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer 'down time'

On the down spin of a 4 week break in my graduate program. With one year under my belt, I feel amazing. My program is great (yippee for Challenge and Support, go Sanford go!), my cohort is AMAZING, the classes and faculty consistently exceed my expectations, SA and Higher Ed events are inspiring and motivating. I know I am in the right profession and at the right time, in history and in my life. I have some professional experiences leading into the program and have had time to reflect on my undergrad experiences.
I guess I am feeling that all this Challenge and Support is draining! I am SO mentally tired, but I want more. :) Learning never stops.
I am grateful for the break, but feel that I need to keep expanding my knowledge base. So rather then pull out a text to reread, I have started tweeting. Yep twitter is my new addiction. I have had an account for a year or more. I faze in and out using it. From Ed Cabellon, I found the SA Blog/Collaborative and #sachat on twitter. It is great to get involved in conversations and watch other SAPs talk about daily life! In my first day following the discussion everyone was talking about major retailers promoting underage drinking through end-cap displays! Exciting to be apart of the future of SAPs and HE and to see it all happening online! :)
Back to my obsession...
Tweeted about my MS program having us take an abbreviated MBTI and also the StrengthsFinder!

No comments:

Post a Comment