Monday, August 16, 2010

Cabbages and Kings

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

The Walrus and The Carpenter, from Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, 1872
By Lewis Carroll

Currently I am working on creating a compiled listing of events, organizations, resources, and trainings for Student Affairs professionals for HELO. I have been searching for some resources to pull from and via the Student Affairs Collaborative, I found this listing of blogs in every SA field. I was so excited to see so many SA bloggers. I think SA bloggers need to have a more viable face in SA community.

I remember starting in my grad program. I was looking for some places where people where talking about what I was learning in an applicable sort of way. The first blog that I found was Eric Stoller's. I immediately added it to my Google reader! Since then I have added several others and now participate in #SAChat on Twitter. Being able to incorporate current events into my perspective of Student Affairs has helped me think more critically and bridge connections outside of my work in grad school.

No comments:

Post a Comment