Friday, September 10, 2010

Am I destined to always be one step behind?

In my morning blog reading, I read a post by Tavi (@StyleRookie), a fabulous teen blogger who I wished I was half as funny as! Tavi was talking about her joy to be "one of them" with her iTouch and then low and behold the new latest thing is out! I can relate to this. I constantly feel like I am one step (or in some cases one mile) behind the latest and greatest. Every time I get a phone, iPod, computer, flash drive, or car then next best thing is announced in a manner of 2 weeks.
For example: My first cell phone was this hurky nextel all black thing that was about 2 inches thick and no color screen. I was soo happy to have a cell phone but then I looked around. It was like I had a Zack Morris cell phone. Everyone had their Razrs and could slide them in their pockets. I wanted to slide my phone in my pocket, but the stupid rubber grip would get caught and then the phone fell to the floor and bounced bringing even more attention to my huge cell phone! Then I noticed that they could take pictures and send them to friends... What? When did phones do that? After some time I got a new phone the Razr but then it wasn't cool anymore. Then my mom gave me her Blackberry Pearl. Finally I was cool! Then it stopped working and I had to go back to the Razr! NOOOO!!!!! It was the sadest day ever. Within a matter of days I was at the store buying a new Blackberry and I realized why I never have the latest and greatest. It cost too much and the first gen products tend to have so many issues.
I am still using my first gen Blackberry Pearl Flip but it is having problems now too. I am sure I will be getting a new phone soon and I am still undecided about what to get. I am sure that it will be fun and most likely not the coolest thing ever!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, yeah, I was totally using a Zach Morris until a few months ago- my friend gave me her old razor, which I realize is probably still not cool at all, but it's an upgrade lol... and I kinda hate phones, so it works for me. :)

    ReplyDelete